Re: Topband: A way forward to keep 'old school' modes vibrant alongside

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: A way forward to keep 'old school' modes vibrant alongside FT-8? (long)
From: k8gg@voyager.net
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 11:39:04 -0400 (EDT)
Gentlemen:

Tim writes very well below.  However, I have had 45 or more FT8 emails and
I truly think we are airing the same laundry many times.  Steve Ireland
did raise a very good point......but....

While I respect all the varied opinions, it may be time to stop beating
the modes to death (new and old) and get on with real stuff like how
strong or weak the H40 station was two days ago, how strong 3C0L was the
other night, or the VK9 announcement about 4 square RX antennas with no
preamps at the verticals.

Thank you for your patience... mine has gone click-click-click on the
delete button many times this week.

73 to all,   George,  K8GG