Re: Topband: A way forward to keep 'old school' modes vibrant alongside

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: A way forward to keep 'old school' modes vibrant alongside FT-8? (long)
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 10:35:46 -0600
The ARRL will create a new certificate.  It will be new income. This is a no brainer.  They already have an FT8 mode in WAS.

I know that 3Y0X will have the ability to do FT8 with them.  Like I said earlier, when they get on 160m FT8, if they do, how many calls of people dead against this mode will we see in the pileups...................

DX pileups should not be that much different than RTTY.  They will need to tell people to operate split, which is fine because FT decodes the entire FT8 spectrum.

W0MU