Re: Topband: FT8 qrm & Bandplanning History on 160m

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FT8 qrm & Bandplanning History on 160m
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 20:15:36 -0500

1) A few of us (myself, W4ZV and K1KI (I think) favored a true CW sub-band on 160M as we have always had in place on the upper bands
like 80/40/20/15/10.
W8JI and I (then AD8I) also filed petitions with the FCC to create
a CW (narrow band as on all of the HF bands) sub band between 1800
and 1850 KHz.  ARRL refused to even give tacit support and the FCC
dismissed those petitions in spite of overwhelming comments in favor
of a narrow band only sub-band.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV