Re: Topband: PY1RO

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: PY1RO
From: Dave Heil <k8mn@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2018 23:51:25 +0100
Thanks for sharing the news, Herb.  I had the pleasure of working Rolf from home as well as all of my African stops.

Dave K8MN

On 06-May-18 19:54, Herbert Schoenbohm wrote:
Devasting news about Rolf Rasp PY1RO.  I went to his home in Niteroi across
the harbor from Rio de Janeiro in 1965 with a steamer trunk loaded with
some Drake Twins to get on the air on top band.  Before he was licensed.
Rolf was an ardent SWL who had logged Stew Perry, W1BB many times.  We used
his friend PY1NFC to get on the air and was able to contact Stew and a few
others for a new one.  (I think also Wal, W8LRL and Ernie, K1PBW) Rolf Rasp
was a true Topband champion and he will be truly missed by all of us.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ, PY1ZAI, W0VXO etc.

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 8:01 PM, Roger Parsons via Topband <