Re: Topband: PY1RO

To: Roger Parsons <ve3zi@yahoo.com>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: PY1RO
From: "Chris, G3SVL" <chris@g3svl.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 07:14:25 +0100
> On 3 May 2018, at 01:01, Roger Parsons via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
> wrote:
>
> I was saddened to read of Rolf's death. He was an important part of 160m
> history for many years.

He certainly was that Roger. I recall back in the early 70’s trying
unsuccessfully to work him from my suburban QTH. The guys at the club knew and
on a National Field Day event in June they came excitedly to my tent in the
middle of the night while I was on a sleep break to say Rolf was audible and to
let me work him.

Shows how important that was as I can remember it as if it was yesterday, yet
it was 45 years ago.

RIP Rolf.

73 Chris, G3SVL