Re: Topband: Radial plate

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Radial plate
From: Wes Stewart <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 08:19:28 -0700
Tony,

I'm using a DX Engineering plate on my 160 inverted-L.  In my case, I also have the HD tiltover fixture mounted on a 3" diameter pipe cast in concrete.  I mount the plate a bit over 1" above the concrete surface so there is room to install the bolts around the edge of the plate from below.

As to running a ground wire up from the plate, understand that this will be part of the antenna.  If the coax is parallel to this I imagine some coupling that might defeat the choke.

Wes  N7WS