Re: Topband: Radial wire

To: "Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL" <grimm@sbc.edu>
Subject: Re: Topband: Radial wire
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 12:47:51 -0500
I don't know which brand is best, but I think the thickness of the
galvanizing varies. (W8JI said that most "galvanized" steel electric fence
wire is actually cadmium plated, and not zinc).

I have a Beverage made from 17 gauge plated steel electric fence wire
that's been up roughly 8 years. The plating is gone from much of it, and
signal levels are really down now because of that due to paramagnetic
losses. In contact with moist soil, I would not expect it to last as long.

Where is plated steel electric fence wire available with a good thick
plating?

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com