Re: Topband: Radial Wire

To: Roger Parsons <ve3zi@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Radial Wire
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2018 19:35:58 -0300
Roger posted.....":but I would emphasize that WD1A is horrible for
bi-directional Beverages as the loss is excessive in the transmission line
mode."  Roger that is clearly the case as I have found here the hard way.
I now use the WD1A for single wire Beverage antennas due to its low cost
and strength.  I just terminate the far end with a 450 Ohm non-inductive
resistor. it would be great for radials as well.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ