Re: Topband: Why no NA 160m Activity?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Why no NA 160m Activity?
From: Wes Stewart <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 11:33:17 -0700
The USA is a big country; four time zones.  Sunset on the east coast is three + hours before our sunset here in AZ.  By the time we have full darkness (~0100Z) you guys across the pond are all asleep.  If you are up and on, we have three time zones of QRM and several more hops to deal with.

Similarly, DX to the west often gives up before our sunrise when we get signal enhancement and a reduction of QRN from the east.

Wes  N7WS

ps. Don't want to talk about FT8