Re: Topband: Why no NA 160m Activity?

To: Roger Kennedy <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>, <topband@contesting.com>, <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Why no NA 160m Activity?
From: Paul Kiesel via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 18:52:50 +0000 (UTC)
I listen for CW and FT8. My receive antenna is an unterminated BOG
which does a barely acceptable job for what it is. I often hear South
American, Pacific and Asian stations on CW, but rarely hear Europe.
I know my receive antenna is not up to the job, but there is not much
I can do about it because of my circumstances. I often hear big gun
W and VE stations working Europe like it's easy, but I hear European
stations very rarely... almost never. It's not that I don't try hearing.
There is no point in calling CQ EU if you can't hear EU stations.
There are other guys around here who experience the same thing.
We alert each other when there is an enhancement in propagation. In
our case, the auroral zone gets in the way.

73, Paul K7CW