Topband: Why no NA 160m Activity?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Why no NA 160m Activity?
From: "Roger Kennedy" <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 10:38:47 +0100
Many thanks for all the replies and comments, some on here, and some direct.

I guess a lot of NA stations are still suffering with QRN then . . . plus
many are Farmers, waiting to get the crops out of the fields before they put
their Topband antennas back up!

Jeff I appreciate why quite a lot of people use FT8, especially if it's the
only way they make DX contacts. But personally, it would give me no
satisfaction at all . . . and I know a lot of people feel the same.

So I don't think the lack of CW activity is the risk of everyone migrating
to FT8 . . . it's just that people aren't coming on the band! And I suspect
that one of the reasons is they look at the DX Cluster, and they see LOADS
of spots for FT8 stations . . . but very few for CW stations.

So if you hear anyone on CW, do please Spot them on the Cluster, as I know
that helps generate more activity.

And hopefully more people will make the effort to come on the band, so we
can stir up activity. It certainly worked last season, when I suggested a
regular Wednesday Activity Night.  I'll leave it a few more weeks, then I
will suggest the same on here.

73 to all

Roger G3YRO