Re: Topband: FW: Isolated F81 F Barrel Connector

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FW: Isolated F81 F Barrel Connector
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 08:59:56 -0400
Although I've decided to create a Hi-Z interface panel with Perspex, I did
discover an insulated F81 barrel from L-Com.  See the link below if there's an
interest in saving the information for future reference.

Notice that the F81 uses a pair of Nylon shoulder washers to achieve panel
isolation.   Mechanically and electrically, I don’t know how well it would work
and hold up over time, but it may be an option in other applications where
panel isolation is required.

http://www.l-com.com/coaxial-coaxial-bulkhead-adapter-f-female-female75-ohm-5-d-hole

Paul, W9AC