Topband: Radial length

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Radial length
From: Buzz Jehle <buzz@logi.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 21:58:59 +0000
I have an inverted L with 30 existing radials and I just acquired 1500’ of 14
gauge copper insulated wire to add some more.  SOme people say 1/8 wave is best
bang for the buck versus 1/4  wave and now I read someone says 3/16 wave is
optimal????   My existing are half 1/4 and half 1/8 wave on 160.  Ground is
flat on one side slopping away from tower the other.  If I lay them now grass
will hied them in the spring.  ALmost no soil, it is caliche and rocks and
usually dry, though currently quite wet.

Any suggestions as to what would help my signal best if anything!

Thanks, Buzz N5UR