Re: Topband: ARRL DXCC - 160 Meters - Station Location and Boundary

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL DXCC - 160 Meters - Station Location and Boundary
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2018 07:38:06 -0500

On 2018-11-22 2:08 AM, kolson@rcn.com wrote:
And this is easy to say when you have 5 acres in a semi-rural area, hi hi.

With no antennas.  I have not been seriously active on low bands in the
20 years I've been here precisely because of the increasing prevalence
of the multiple remote receiver/remote station operations.  However,
even semi-rural areas have significant problems with noise from poorly
maintained power lines, neighbor's plasma TVs, etc.

Multiple remote receiver/"pick your remote station" is the scourge of
DXCC in general as it completely removes both station building and
operating skills from the equation and replaces them with the check
book.  One might as well replace amateur radio with "hamsphere" or
IRL.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV