Topband: Which RX antenna is better?

To: topband@contesting.com, terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Subject: Topband: Which RX antenna is better?
From: terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2019 21:27:52 -0700 (PDT)
Hi folks,

I have four kits purchased on ebay for receive antennas as well as a
bi-directional beverage from KD9SV. Looking on my county plot map it looks like
I can run about a 412' beverage using my neighbors ground and mine. Got a good
neighbor you could say who just doesn't want a BOG to trip on but a beverage
not too low to walk into is Ok. My ebay provided kits are DHDL, EWE and
Penant/flag/diamond from a low cost Canada source. But I'm faced with the
problem of fences, power lines, roads and my TX antennas on my 1 1/2 acre plot.
If one of those antennas could handle being near the fences,etc or TX antennas
I'd like to hear about it. I've already got a K9AY in the works and that one is
near my 40 meter 4-square. Running the beverage is going to be near or even
under my K8UR style 80 meter 4-square made with 1/2 WL slopers. I've thought
some about converting the 80 meter 4-square to using 3":irrigation tubing
extended with some 3" irrigation tubing and a coil at the elevated base but I'm
 ust not sure if it would be an improvement. It would be near 50' verticals if
I could do it. Not sure if I would lose too much gain.

Any suggestions other  than 'give up'? I've always had a time hearing the DX
especially on 160 meters.

Terry

KI7M