Re: Topband: Hairpin match to inverted L?

To: "'N4ZR'" <n4zr@comcast.net>, "'topband@contesting.com'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Hairpin match to inverted L?
From: "FZ Bruce" <k1fz@twc.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2019 19:07:12 +0000
The reason to use a series capacitor is to electrically lengthen the
antenna wire, driving the high current point up the vertical section,
for more efficiency. The capacitor electrically shortened the antenna
to the 160 meter band.. With the right amount added wire and capacitor
the feed point would be 50 ohms, without a transformer that could
limit bandwidth somewhat.
73
Bruce-K1FZ