Re: Topband: Relationship Between Ground Wave and Low-Angle Radiation

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Relationship Between Ground Wave and Low-Angle Radiation
From: Artek Manuals <Manuals@ArtekManuals.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 13:13:22 -0400
Pete

Interesting idea to be sure...Regardless of the "theoretical" answer. I would suggest you take daily readings (probably between 11AM and 1PM) for a month and log those before starting to add radials. If day in and day out you get variation of more than a few tenth's of a db the W3LPL RBN is not likely a good choice� for this project.

How many radials do you have now and� how many are you prepared to add? AS you get more and more radials the incremental effect of going from 4 to 8 will be much more noticeable than going from 24 to 28

Dave
NR1DX