Topband: Good Conditions, little NA Activity

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Good Conditions, little NA Activity
From: "Roger Kennedy" <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 13:02:00 -0000
Yes conditions have been good the last few days on 160m (not Great . . . but
what I would always have considered Normal, which they haven't been for
ages)

I myself have received some amazing reports from Stations I have worked, as
well as strong RBN reports. However . . . there seems to have been a
distinct lack of activity from North American stations.

I've been on and off the band for half an hour or so during the past 2
nights (Friday and Saturday) typically around 0000, 0200, 0400 . . . but
along with several other Europeans, calling CQ DX but getting very few
replies. Yet the few stations I DID work gave me very good reports, and RBN
reports were always good too.

I also popped on the band at the end of both nights (around 07.30) . . . but
I didn't even bother putting out a call. Why?  Well many of the regular EU
DX-ers were on the band, calling endless CQs . . . but barely getting any