Re: Topband: Good Conditions, little NA Activity

To: <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>, "'Roger Kennedy'" <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Good Conditions, little NA Activity
From: <rgarrett5@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 10:13:52 -0500
Hello Roger and Dave,

The band has been amazing in the last week.  Two mornings in a row to work JA
from the East Coast and this AM, HL5IVL too.  Roger, I
hear lots of NA stations and no lack of activity from both sides of the pond
beginning at SS and lasting until EU SR.  a few UA9 and
UK9AA thrown in there too along with JT1CO this AM and also before his SR.
Yes, CW not as much as before FT8 but certainly it has
not gone away.  Also, I'm working many new EU stations with very weak signals.
I suspect they are running 100 watts and compromise
antennas.

So, Topband is alive and well.

PS:  I also worked two JA's after my SR this morning on FT8.  Not an easy task.

73, Bob K3UL