Topband: Good Conditions, little NA Activity

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Good Conditions, little NA Activity
From: "Roger Kennedy" <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 00:18:42 -0000
Hi Ian

Well what gives ME a buzz is EVERY DX contact on Top Band, i.e. any station
more than a couple of thousand miles away . . . it doesn't bother me how
many times I have worked that station before.  And it doesn't bother me
whether they are in a big country or on a tiny island.  It's the fact I'm
doing things the hard way, having long distance contacts on a frequency that
isn't really designed for it.  It's been my main interest in this hobby for
the past 50 years !

If I come on Top Band during a Contest, I only want to spend a couple of
hours on the band, so am just looking to try and work as many DX stations in
that time as possible . . . I don't want to waste time working hundreds of
Europeans that I could work any time!  So that's why I wouldn't put out a CQ
call.

73 Roger G3YRO