Re: Topband: 160m activity and propagation

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m activity and propagation
From: W7RH <midnight18@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 18:50:35 +0000
Thanks for the comments in this discussion.

I have in previous posts commented on the magnetic north pole and it's migration towards Siberia. I feel this has been the primary cause of propagation disturbance at my location. That and I'm at the wrong distance from the aurora itself creating the high absorption.

Here are a couple of links to visualize what I perceive is the cause. Fortunately 160m is almost always open somewhere after dark, not necessarily where I want it to be.

Yesterday I worked EA7X two hours after sunset and then the band closed.

http://wdc.kugi.kyoto-u.ac.jp/poles/polesexp.html

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/

On the NOAA page click on the right hand image of the Aurora and run the 24 hour collection. You can see I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time.

73

Bob W7RH

--
W7RH DM35os

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our
humanity." - Albert Einstein