Topband: 160m activity and propagation

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 160m activity and propagation
From: W7RH <midnight18@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 13:09:07 +0000
The emphasis of my questions are based on European propagation path perceived differences since last solar minimum.

One thing I am not is a Geophysicist, I have no training there. My comments are on perceived changes in the aurora ring density as viewed from my location in Arizona that would have been in the past much lower on the path towards Europe far more often than present. I'll call it prime time wipe out. Very small changes in solar wind have had a profound effect. Whether the center point is the magnetic north pole or the Geomagnetic pole I have no idea as both have migrated with the Magnetic North pole the greatest at a rate of 30 miles per year and increasing.

Perhaps the reduction of magnetic field over North America and increased gamma radiation create the effect. In a related article it stated the magnetic field over North America is 15% less than it was in 2015.

https://www.livescience.com/46694-magnetic-field-weakens.html

https://www.hist-geo-space-sci.net/5/175/2014/

Trying to get a better grasp of what is going on.

73

Bob W7RH

--
W7RH DM35os

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our
humanity." - Albert Einstein