Re: Topband: 160m activity and propagation

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m activity and propagation
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 10:51:11 -0800
On 2/23/2020 5:09 AM, W7RH wrote:
The emphasis of my questions are based on European propagation path perceived differences since last solar minimum.

I suspect much of the difference may be RX noise levels at both ends of the path. The number of RX noise sources has mushroomed over the past decade, with SMPS, variable speed motor controllers, solar systems, and the bean counters at power utilities that down-prioritize the maintenance of their distribution lines.

73, Jim K9YC