Re: Topband: T Top Verticals and yagis

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: T Top Verticals and yagis
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 12:40:55 -0800
On 2/29/2020 11:58 AM, Ed Sawyer wrote:
No attack intended.  But his website is titled Folded Counter Poise.  And that compromise
ground system has a lot to do with his data.  I don’t have a folded counterpoise under
my 160M Ts.  ON4UN’s book is far more instructive generically about a T vs an inverted
L under efficient ground systems.

This issue has little to do with the type of counterpoise/radial system, except to the extent that the counterpoise/radial system affects ground losses. Also, your understanding of how ground affects verticals is flawed, as indicated by your earlier posts in this thread. That said, a technical disagreement is hardly a personal attack.

BTW -- the ON4UN book, which I've read and learned from, has the same shortcoming as other ARRL publications in displaying and interpreting the results of modeling noted in my previous post, changing the subject line.

73, Jim K9YC