Re: Topband: T Top Verticals and yagis

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: T Top Verticals and yagis
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 15:35:34 -0800
On 2/29/2020 2:30 PM, Richard (Rick) Karlquist wrote:
I would like to mention that I have worked Guy
many times in contests and he consistently has a
very solid signal from NC to CA.

Guy and I have worked a few times on 160, but with my QTH and antenna farm, not as good as yours, he's usually enough below the strength of other NC contesters that it's obvious that he's working with a less than ideal counterpoise. That said, I view his FCP work favorably, have included it in my "getting on 160" slideshow, which is really a summary of other people's good work on radials and counterpoise systems, and have recommended it to several guys who needed a solution with that small footprint and who have used it with success.

73, Jim K9YC