Re: Topband: No NA Activity

To: Roger Kennedy <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Topband: No NA Activity
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 14:22:40 -0600
I just started following the 630m and 2200m "#KHz" Slack Chat. It looks to
me like many CW folks have moved there. Some LF hams use CW there almost
exclusively, although there is a lot of narrowband digital there
(especially on 2200m).

It was kindly pointed out to me there by N03M and KB5NJD that 630 meter
antennas are not really all that different from 160. And LF is kind of a
new frontier, similar to what radio was in the early 20th century (where if
you wanted to get on, you had to build your own radios). Having said that,
some transverters and SDRs are now available. But you'll have to built your
own power amplifier.

In a lot of ways, it's like amateur radio was decades ago when the majority
of hams actually had technical know-how and built their own antennas, etc.

This is *not* to say that anyone here should up and move to LF. But when
nobody is on 160, why not give a listen there on your Beverages or browse
these websites?

http://no3m.net/
http://njdtechnologies.net/links/
http://www.n1bug.com/lfmf/