Re: Topband: Slightly OT - amplifier noise

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Slightly OT - amplifier noise
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 13:57:06 -0500
Steve,
I have an MFJ-1025, and I have never experienced your issues. I was going
to ask some of these questions myself.

I have had very good results indeed with mine for eliminating a single
source of RFI. Something at your end is not right.

Mike,
There have been cases where my 580' Beverage antennas have made a superb
sense antenna. I usually use the W7IUV preamp with the output somewhat
attenuated. Mostly, with the signal antenna being my 75m dipole (with
severe RFI) and a amplified Beverage being the sense antenna.

Every QTH and noise is different, of course. What works for someone else
might not work for you.

73, Mike
W0BTU