Re: Topband: Ground Conductivity

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Ground Conductivity
From: "Augie \"Gus\" Hansen" <augie.hansen@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 10:37:16 -0600

On 3/24/2020 9:42 AM, Roy Morgan wrote:
... Your comment about over simplifying reminds me of a very early explanation
of radio communication - or was it telegraph?  I can remember only a little:

"It's like wiggling the tail of a cat. It makes a sound at the other end. Only
there's no cat."

Does anyone have that quote?

“The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is exactly the same, only without the cat.”

Albert Einstein

73,
Gus Hansen
KB0YH