Re: Topband: BCB Filter Recommendation?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: BCB Filter Recommendation?
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 06:16:11 -0500
Most AM plants have been where they are for decades.  I remember being
at the local 670 site several years ago.  That tx site has been there
since the 1930s.  This is a ~800 foot tower, now with two signals on
it, 670 and 780, each 50 KW which means the total peak power on
positive modulation is roughly 400 KW.  I recall seeing a little 60
foot ham tower about a block away with a 3 el. beam on it, and
wondering how any ham could be dumb enough to buy a house in the
shadow of a major market ND class A-1 station.    I would not even
consider buying a house near a 1 KW daytimer.   I'm about 10 miles
from the 670 site and that's bad enough.  Being a quarter mile from it
would be a nightmare.

73
Rob
K5UJ