Re: Topband: BCB Filter Recommendation?

To: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: BCB Filter Recommendation?
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 08:22:21 -0500
What makes me most angry?

Is radio manufacturers that include steep filters and even attenuators in their radios to block AM Broadcast band signals. Then advertise that their radio covers from 50 KC to 60 Mhz!
Sorry NO IT DOES NOT!!!

Yes make the filters and or attenuators but make them so WE can choose when to have them on or not!
Make them switchable! There is no reason why this can not be done!

Some people do not live near a station they have to worry about. And like to do AM Band DXing!

It is extremely sad when a ten buck radio with it's internal ferrite bar antenna performs better than my $4000.00 dollar radio using a 600 foot loop up 60 feet antenna!

LET US decide if we need the filtering or not!

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme