Re: Topband: BCB Filter Recommendation?

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: BCB Filter Recommendation?
From: Kriss Alan Kliegle KA1GJU <kliegle@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 12:19:53 -0400
I built the AM BC filter that W1VLF made for one of my SDR servers as a test.
Works well, but users now can only hear/see the strongest of AM BC stations.
This is a RX only filter, not able to TX through it! I used axial-lead
inductors in mine and mounted it in a home-made box made from Copper flashing
material. There is some slight loss in the 160M CW portion due to not a steep
skirt on the filter, but it reduced the QRM on higher frequencies on the
SDRPlay that’s connected to that server.

Schematic is in the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI6N_uVErKA

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Sent from Mail for Windows 10