Topband: 160M shunt fed choke

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160M shunt fed choke
From: "tony.kaz--- via Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 11:57:56 -0400
I shunt feed my tower on 160M. The feed is about 4' above the base of the
tower. I use a vacuum cap beta match. I use three vacuum caps. I have a
vacuum relay to switch between high and low 160M. The coax from the shack is
all underground to the base of the tower. The shield of the coax and the
matching network is grounded to a tower leg.

Is there a potential benefit to adding a ferrite core choke for this type of
setup?  I can easily add one inside the match box. I could follow K9YC's
info for a 18 turn RG-400 on a 2.4" #31 core.

Tnx for any feedback

N2TK, Tony