Re: Topband: 160M shunt fed choke

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160M shunt fed choke
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 13:19:16 -0700
On 5/28/2020 1:06 PM, fmoeves wrote:
I'm going from memory so... I've seen a video of a simple detector. In the video the guy
ran along the feedline while transmitting low power. You could see if there was a signal on
the outside of the cable. I'll look later to see if I find.

Tony's feedline is buried, so could be tricky. But it IS right to move the probe along the feedline to find a current max, because the current varies along the line because it would be acting as part of the antenna.

73, Jim K9YC