Re: Topband: 160M shunt fed choke

Subject: Re: Topband: 160M shunt fed choke
From: Raymond Benny <rayn6vr@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 12:20:53 -0700
One way to tell if a choke is needed I would think, is to add say, a random
lenght of coax, 20 - 40 ft, to the shack end of you coax and see if your
SWR changes. If so, then a then a choke could help.

Jim, does this sound like a reasonable test? I'm no expert on vertical
antennas, just my experience.

Ray,
N6VR/W7YA