Re: Topband: Rohn 25 Vertical questions.

To: "'Ron WV4P'" <wv4ptn@gmail.com>, "'Mail 10'" <mail10@barefoothorse.com.au>
Subject: Re: Topband: Rohn 25 Vertical questions.
From: "Tim Duffy" <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 16:38:00 -0400
Hello Ron:

As Frank explained, micro-arcing can be an issue when using a tower as the
antenna element (in fact it can happen on any tower supporting Yagi's too).
Anything that is not firmly bonded together can create noise (diode effect)
on both TX and RX. I believe it is worth the effort to do everything
possible to minimize problems like micro-arcing. There is no filter to fix
arcing issues - if they occur - after the fact.

Several good 160 stations have in band RX capability. The success of those
stations ability to in band RX is related to how well they control their
environment.

Remember "hope" is not a strategy.

Wishing you luck and looking forward to hearing you on 160 this season.

73
Tim K3LR