Re: Topband: OT - LG Dryer RFI

To: Mark - N5OT <r-emails@n5ot.com>, TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: OT - LG Dryer RFI
From: Rick Kunath via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 14:42:31 -0500
I have a Whirlpool front loading washer and dryer here. I had the factory send a technician out and they installed the RFI suppression kit on both of them. They argued a bit with me about the installation and the cost of the parts. As I left it I paid for the kit and they did the install for free on both units. I can just barely hear the fact that they're running if I really listen and I am using an indoor loop. Outside I hear no difference. The service technician also told me that on these modern dryers unless you're going right from the vent outlet through the wall behind the dryer you need a booster blower inline. My dryer vents through a rooftop vent so I installed a blower-type booster inline with the vent in the attic. That made a huge difference in the dryer run time. It's pressure sensing so you install it and forget it. It comes with a small panel display you can mount if you want to and that lets you know it's started or if you ever need to clean it (I have never had to do that).

I also had 2 Trane air conditioning compressors and air handler/gas furnaces installed to replace failing older systems, all variable speed. I had contacted Trane about the RFI kits on both of the compressor units and both of the air handlers before I bought them. They installed these RFI kits for free and my installation company put those kits in at their shop before they came out and did the install. Also nice and quiet.

Rick Kunath, K9AO