Re: Topband: Vertical choke needed?

To: wes_n7ws@triconet.org,topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Vertical choke needed?
From: <n0tt1@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2021 19:10:04 +0000
To offer another view.....IMHO
Measure the impedance at the base of the antenna without the feedline
attached in any way.  While watching your instrument (259B, VNA, etc),
touch the feedline *shield* to the radials at the base of the antenna.
If your instrument shows
no change in the impedance, the feedline shield isn't carrying "any"
current
and therefore doesn't need to be choked.

73,
Charlie, N0TT