Re: Topband: FCP Question

To: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FCP Question
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2021 16:22:48 -0800
On 1/8/2021 10:41 AM, Guy Olinger K2AV wrote:

Hi Rick,

There is no problem modeling an FCP. You do have to do the parallel wires a certain way that’s documented in EZNEC since 1997 (version 2).

What do you perceive to be the issue?

73, Guy K2AV

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 11:10 AM Richard (Rick) Karlquist
I am vaguely aware that for a 2 wire line, EZNEC recommends that you
replace it with the EZNEC transmission line element.  It also says
that EZNEC will not model the effect of the line in common mode, AFAIK.
In any event, the FCP consists of 3 parallel wires.  I have no idea
what to do with such a structure.  So perhaps there is no problem
modeling an FCP; it's just that I haven't got a clue.  I would
be happy to learn how to do it. Could you explain what to do or post an EZNEC file?

73
Rick N6RK