Re: Topband: CQ Zones

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: CQ Zones
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 11:41:47 -0800
On 3/9/2021 6:36 AM, Martin Kratoska wrote:
Oh, FT8 should be proclaimed as illegal for DXCC (WAZ, WAS etc.) in mixed categories. This "mode" should be counted completely separated from traditional modes like CW or SSB.

Why? I'm a VERY old dog who can still copy CW in my sleep, but who is still trying to learn new tricks every day. And K1JT's modes are new tricks that allow us to defeat the RF noise that is killing weak signal work for all of us, whether we realize it or not.

73, Jim K9YC