Re: Topband: final from me -- Remotes

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: final from me -- Remotes
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 20:53:02 -0800
On 3/10/2021 7:30 PM, GEORGE WALLNER wrote:
On remotes: When somebody builds a station in Haiti and operates it remotely, he has just enabled people to work Haiti, which may not happen otherwise. As long as there is no pretense of something else, I think its great.

Me too. Remote stations and their control systems can be difficult to build. What I don't condone, and view as cheating (even though badly conceived ARRL Rules allow it) is to remotely operate (or travel to) a station in ME to work EU countries on topband that you can't work from your QTH in CO or CA and submit them for DXCC.

73, Jim K9YC