Re: Topband: Elementary Inverted L questions

To: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Elementary Inverted L questions
From: Dave Cuthbert <telegrapher9@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 06:08:06 -1000
An EZNEC model of your antenna (height of 35') shows it to be resonant at
1865 kHz. The minimum SWR was adjusted to 2:1 by adding GND loss of 8 ohms.

SWR is all you need to tune the antenna. Is minimum SWR at 1977 kHz?

I would add more wire and tune the length for minimum SWR at your frequency
of interest. While doing that feedpoint shunt inductor (about 4uH is a
start) can be added to achieve a 1:1 SWR. That does not improve the SWR
bandwidth though and as I like to roam about the bottom 100kHz in contests
I don't bother. The antenna tuner takes care of that.

     Dave