Re: Topband: Elementary Inverted L questions

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Elementary Inverted L questions
From: Wes <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 16:45:30 -0700
Pete,

I was going to suggest possible interference to your measurement by a local BC station.  I have a couple of very strong stations near me, one on 1550 kHz running 50KW. They are about -3 dBm on my 160 inverted-L.  But I just finished looking at my antenna with my AA-55 Zoom and I saw no issues.  In the AZ sun I saw no display either and had to save traces and come inside :-)  One of the reasons I don't like this box.  The FA-VA5 is the only VIA, out of 5, that I have that I can read in sunlight.

Wes  N7WS