Re: Topband: Elementary Inverted L questions

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Elementary Inverted L questions
From: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 15:56:13 -0400
Jim, ignorant question - at X=0, isn't the resistive component also the impedance?

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.

On 3/25/2021 3:08 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
On 3/25/2021 11:39 AM, N4ZR wrote:
The feedpoint choke is wound on a #43 core (I think), which may make it a bit more credible.

Very wrong core for HF and 6M. #31 is the only good choice.

 The measured minimum SWR is 2.2 at 1925 KHz, and resonance (X
crossing zero) is at 1983 KHz.  All measurements made at the base of the antenna

Now here's the part I *really* don't understand - at X=0, the R measures 119 ohms.

The value at X=0 doesn't make sense to me either. Lower SWR at 1925 does.

I suggest that you do an impedance to display the impedance, not SWR. If your analyzer can't do it, borrow one that can.

73, Jim K9YC