Re: Topband: 43’ 80 Meter Vertical

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 43’ 80 Meter Vertical
From: "Chortek, Robert L." <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 00:19:07 +0000
I would like to thank everyone who responded.  It’s all very helpful.

43’ was chosen for a variety of limitations associated with my 12,000 sq. ft.
lot.

I already have a 60’ top loaded vertical for 160 and had a 40’ Spiderbeam pole
laying around which I mounted on a 3’ pole.

While 66’ would certainly be better, I have to live with my neighbors and since
I also have an elevated BigIR 3 and a 3 El SteppIR with 30/40 trombone I feel
“enough is enough”.

Again, thanks for the information.  I have everything I need.

Top loading will certainly greatly improve the performance (efficiency) of the
antenna compared to base loading so while it may not be optimum, it’s a
compromise I’m willing to live with.

73,

Bob/AA6VB
Robert L. Chortek