Re: Topband: Region One stations below 1810 kHz

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Region One stations below 1810 kHz
From: uy0zg <uy0zg@mksat.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 08:49:29 +0200
Hey

Everything can be solved simply.

To approve the rules for the whole World ( only for contest) - it is impossible to work until 1810. It will be fair.

---
Nick, UY0ZG
http://www.topband.in.ua

Tree писал 2021-12-25 02:37:
All -

A friend of mine alerted me to the fact that he heard a QSO take place
between someone in the USA and Europe below 1810 during the Stew. I did a
little research and verified that this QSO did take place - around 1805
kHz.  However, the European reported the QSO on 1810 kHz.

During this investigation, I have found more of these QSOs - including
about two dozen with one station who was on 1808.9 kHz (per RBN).

Perhaps the rules have changed recently, and these frequencies are
permitted for Region 1 stations? I see all sorts of countries in the list
I have generated so far.

And if these are "illegal" contacts - what should be done about them?

And if a Region 1 stations modified his log to change the frequency
information to make it look legit - is that unsportsmanlike behavior?

Tree N6TR