Re: Topband: Region One stations below 1810 kHz

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Region One stations below 1810 kHz
From: Wes <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 11:45:23 -0700
# N7WS comments

On 12/24/2021 5:37 PM, Tree wrote:
All -

And if these are "illegal" contacts - what should be done about them?
# My first thought is if I, as a USA op, make a contact with another station operating in a USA authorized band it shouldn't be up to me to verify the legality of the other guy's operation.  That's between him and his regulatory body.  That would say that the QSO should count for me.
And if a Region 1 stations modified his log to change the frequency
information to make it look legit - is that unsportsmanlike behavior?
# Since reported frequency isn't something required by the rules, at first I want to say who cares?  But on second thought, the power rule seems to apply, "Cheating: means running more power than you are supposed to in your category and/or country."    So I don't know.

Wes  N7WS