Re: Topband: Relay bounce

To: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Relay bounce
From: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 11:20:42 -0700
Steve,

Using open frame relays can often lead to problems, especially in an outdoor
environment in a low signal RX path.

I have well over 40 relays at my remote switching various RX antennas in the
field.
Over the last 10 years I have had no failures or intermittent issues using
sealed small signal relays like the Omron G5V-2.
Look inside almost any modern radio and you will see these same relays.

I have a YouTube video showing exactly what kind of relays I use.
The video also shows the construction method, schematic and I include the PCB
files and a BOM if you want to build your own.
https://youtu.be/Ei7q1Hy6FDk <https://youtu.be/Ei7q1Hy6FDk>

73,de steve ve6wz