Re: Topband: Relay bounce

To: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Relay bounce
From: Allan Zadiraka <ajzadiraka@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 22:55:01 -0500
While I totally agree with the comments on the poor performance and life of
the contacts on open frame relays, my experience with noise from relay
switching has been that it is usually a failed snubber capacitor or diode
across the relay coil.  Occasionally, especially with rotary switches, the
cause has been arching on the switch contacts.

zeke  ab8ou