Re: Topband: DX Propagation for ARRL 160m Contest at W3HKK not so good

To: "'topband@contesting.com'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX Propagation for ARRL 160m Contest at W3HKK not so good
From: W3HKK@roadrunner.com
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2022 21:00:23 +0000
Had a check up last week and the doc recommended a flu shot. So I got
one. Then on the day before the 160 contest, sure enough, I got the
flu! Lacked the energy to participate in Day 1, but heard that not
much Euro dx was coming through.

Sat night I was feeling better so I got on for 7 hours. Saw a couple
of Euro spots but heard nothing. Only dx worked were four stations in
the Carrib. plus Hawaii. Saw KL7 spotted but did not copy.

Finished with 252 Q's and a presunrise one hour run of 92 Q's/hr.* Not
a lot worked in 6-7 land. Band was quiet with lots of quiet spots on
night 2.

* Once again I failed to get the radials uncoiled so they remained
hanging in the walnut tree, while the 52' tall 130 ft INV-L antenna
worked against just one 8 ft ground rod. Not too bad.

Bob