Re: Topband: Radials, EZNEC and far field

To: n0tt1@juno.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Radials, EZNEC and far field
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 17:29:39 -0500
Hi Charlie.

Naw, it's also the same if you hang it on a long strap or simply set it
down on the sand. The incoming distant signal is simply diminished at that
point. The essential modifying aspect is how much sand between you and the
water's edge. I'm sure it has a ghastly complex explanation.

What is not in doubt is the considerably increased strength of over-water
signals at the water's edge.